How can you get your ESA Letter for Housing | The Legit Method
A landowner can only ask for the legal documents from tenants as proof that an animal is an actual ESA. Usually, a licensed healthcare professional provides this reasonable supporting documentation known as an ‘ESA letter.’
To get qualify for an ESA letter, you must be mentally disabled. For that, you need the assistance of an animal.
Benefits of an Emotional Support Animal Letter
- An ESA letter allows an animal to live in housing apartments or properties that even follow the ‘No Pet’ policy.
- With an ESA letter, you do not need to pay any extra rental charges or fees for your pet.
- It does not allow landlords to discriminate against an individual to assist animals based on their breed or weight.
Who Can Issue an ESA Letter for Housing?
If Physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and assistants hold a license, they can also issue ESA letters under HUD rules. You can also take your recommendations online, which is over the internet.
Looking to Apply for an ESA Letter for Your Pet
Get Started by following these Steps:
1. Start FIlling up the ESA Evaluation form with your details.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local ESA Doctor once the submission is complete.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Letter In Your Email.
How to get an ESA Letter for Housing?
1 Apply online:
Apply online for your ESA letter by filling in your details and your pet on an evaluation form. In this form, you need to answer some questions and submit the form online.
2 Get evaluated:
Once you complete and submit the application, your details will get evaluated by our licensed physicians, and based on that. They will decide to approve you for your letter.
3 Receive Approval:
At last, you will receive your ESA letter approval via email and download it further to show it to your landlords.
Is getting an ESA Letters from FastESA letter Legal?
What Should an ESA Housing Letter Contain?
- It should have the tenant’s name.
- The date of issuance.
- The name of the healthcare professional, contact information, and license number
Specifications of ESA, the type(cat, dog, bird, hamster), breed, and more.
Where Can I Use an ESA Housing Letter?
While living on:
- Rental Home
- Home Owners Association (HOA)
What is Not Required to Include in an ESA Letter?
According to the HUD: when it comes to disclosing details about the evaluation or severity of inability or medical records or a medical examination cannot be required.
Tenants have the right to keep their condition confidential that requires an emotional support animal.
Landlords are never allowed to demand specific details concerning a tenant’s medical condition or ask for medical records. A person’s mental history can be a serious issue, and the Fair Housing rules give tenants an exemption when it comes to such information.
Does an ESA Letter Have to Follow a Landlord’s Form?
Does an ESA Letter Have to be Notarized or Have a Sworn Statement?
Can a Certificate, ID Card, or Registration Substitute for an ESA Letter?
Where Can I Renew my ESA Letter for Housing?
- Fill the ESA renewal questionnaire form.
- Wait for your mental healthcare provider to review your form. You can reach out to them if you have any questions.
- You will receive your ESA letter via email and then save it to show it to your landlord.
Does an ESA Letter Have to Name My ESA?
Are There Special Requirements for ‘Unique’ Animals?
How does an ESA letter look like?
- Must be written on state-licensed mental health professional’s letterhead.
- Therapist’s name and signature.
- Date of issuance.
- Therapist’s license number.
- Date of the license, and state where it’s issued.
- The need for an ESA for treating the individual’s mental health.
- Details of the pet may be included.
About Post Author
Darren M. Jorgensen has a fondness for all animals, though dogs especially, have a huge home in his heart. He enjoys quilting, making handcrafted soap and bodyworks and anything that produces practical products. Jorgensen lives with his own service dog who doubles as an Emotional Support Animal. He gets it.