How to get an ESA Letter in Colorado?
If you are a resident of Colorado and want to own an Emotional Support Animal letter, then, with this blog, we will tell you the process to get an ESA letter in Colorado.
What Is An ESA Letter?
What is an Emotional Support Animal?
To get a legal ESA letter, you need an ESA letter approved by a licensed mental health professional. Emotional Support Animals are not supposed to perform specific tasks, unlike service animals. Emotional support animals are protected under federal rules such as the Fair Housing Amendment Act.
Landlords cannot discriminate against both ESA and its owners. A landlord can live with their pet on a rental property without paying any extra rental charges or even on the properties that follow ‘No Pet Policy.
What is ESA Colorado Law?
If you cannot ensure that an Emotional support animal belongs to you, you might be breaking the law in Colorado. You will be disqualified for an ESA the right way. It’s necessary to get an ESA letter for both legal and ethical reasons. Make sure you own a letter from a trustable source.
Fair Housing Amendment Act
An Exception to rules:
- Public enterprises are not allowed to keep emotional support animals in.
- In case your Emotional Support animal causes destruction such as barking, growling, destroying property, or harming. Your ESA can get expelled from rental accommodation, even after holding an ESA letter.
- If your ESA is unclean or in a bad state, then they may get barred.
Step To Get ESA Letter in Colorado?
- Apply Online: Get started by applying online and proceed next by filling an online evaluation form with your details and answering a few questions about your pet. Submit the form online.
- Get evaluated: Once you submit the form, your details will get evaluated by our licensed medical health physicians. Based on your details, you will get approved soon for your letter.
- Get approved: Once you get evaluated, you will receive your ESA letter online via email, and you can further save the letter to show it to your landowner.
About Post Author
Darren M. Jorgensen has a fondness for all animals, though dogs especially, have a huge home in his heart. He enjoys quilting, making handcrafted soap and bodyworks and anything that produces practical products. Jorgensen lives with his own service dog who doubles as an Emotional Support Animal. He gets it.